THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
S.H. HO COLLEGE
Ho Tim Foundation Scholarships at Hughes Hall,
the University of Cambridge
Ho Tim Foundation and Hughes Hall and The Chinese University of Hong Kong agree to collaborate in a scheme of scholarships for students.
The scholarships will be tenable at Hughes Hall at the University of Cambridge and will be known as Ho Tim Foundation Scholarships at Hughes Hall, the University of Cambridge.
The scholarships aim to enable degree graduate of the preceding academic year or final-year students with outstanding academic merit of S.H. Ho College of The Chinese University of Hong Kong to pursue study at the University of Cambridge on advanced courses of 1 year duration.
Amount of Scholarship
The Scheme will fund one scholarship in academic years 2013-14 and 2014-15 and thereafter, subject to review, two scholarships per year over subsequent academic years, to a total of 10 scholarships.
The intention is that each scholarship will cover in whole or in great part:
- the University Composition Fee at the overseas rate (i.e. the Tuition Fee)
- the approved College Fee
- a settling-in grant payable on first arrival
- a maintenance allowance at the standard rate set each year by the University
- the cost of one return economy class airfare between Hong Kong and London per year
The base figure for the scholarship is estimated to be around £30,681 as of 2020-21, depending on the course chosen.
Degree and Fields of Study
The scholarships will be for study at the Masters level (MPhil or equivalent). There are no restrictions on fields of study.
• normally have a first class degree or equivalent from The Chinese University of Hong Kong and have been a member of S.H. Ho College
• received admission confirmation from the University of Cambridge via standard admission process
• meet the minimum standard in English language required by the Board of Graduate Studies
• not be employed by any organisation associated with the benefactor at the time of application
• Shall have nominated Hughes Hall as their first choice of College on their entry application for Cambridge University
Scholarships are tenable only at Hughes Hall in Cambridge.
Candidates must apply entry to the University of Cambridge via the standard admissions process and be accepted by the relevant academic Department. The scholarships will be tenable at Hughes Hall and candidates must name Hughes Hall as your first choice college.
Details of applications are available on the University website. In doing so you should state at the relevant points that you are applying for the Ho Tim Foundation scholarship.
Completed application together with ALL supporting documents must reach the following parties by 16 January 2023.
- email@example.com OR
- Dean of Students’ Office, 3/F, Chan Chun Ha Hall, S.H. Ho College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Late or incomplete applications will not be processed.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend selection interview(s).
|16 January 2023||Application is closed|
|Application deadlines vary from different courses||Candidate should also have applied for entry to Cambridge University for post graduate study via normal admission process.|
|Late Jan / early Feb 2023||Selection interviews|
|Jun – Aug 2023||Hughes Hall informs the selected candidate of his/her award.|
For more information, please visit:
University of Cambridge Course and Application details:
The estimated course costs, College fees and other costs information:
The Hughes Hall Scholarship and Bursary information: