Hostel Check-in Arrangements & Orientation Activities for Local Freshmen
(Please note that the arrangements might be changed due to the development of pandemic.)
Online Welcome Session for Freshmen:
Date: 30 August, 2022
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (TBC)
ZOOM: The link will be sent to all SHHO freshmen in late August.
S.H. Ho College Matriculation Ceremony, Hostel Visit and Roommates Pairing:
Date: 31 August, 2022
Time: 1:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Your orientation camp facilitator (組爸媽) will contact you on 29 or 30 for the meet up time and location)
– A matriculation ceremony of the college will be hosted by College Master and Dean of Students in the afternoon of 31 August 2022, which is a part of the orientation camp.
– You are required to follow the following rules while attending the ceremony:
1. Dress in formal attire
2. Bring your own pen (for signature on matriculation book)
3. Wear the college gown distributed to you on that day
Hostel Visit and Roommates Pairing:
– Your orientation camp facilitator (組爸媽) will arrange a visit at the college hostels for you.
– On the same day, you will be required to hand in your hostel preference form (will sent to you through email) by indicating your preferred roommate and hostel. A hard copy of the preference will distributed to you by the ocamp facilitators.
– If you cannot attend the activities on 31 August, please send the hostel preference form to email@example.com by 17:00 on 31 August.
S.H. Ho College Orientation Activities:
1, 2 & 3 September
Your orientation camp facilitator (組爸媽) will brief you the meet up time and location on 1 & 2 September.
HKD450 (will be charged to you via CUSIS after the camp)
The camp is compulsory to all freshmen. If you want to apply for absence from the camp, please contact Mr. Emery Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 1 September 2022.
Hostel Check-in Arrangements:
– Your orientation camp facilitator (組爸媽) will arrange you to be Dean of Students’ Office to complete the pre-check-in procedures in the morning of 2 September 2022.
– You may store your luggage in a designated store room after completing the pre-check-in procedures, and join the orientation activities.
– The facilitator will be arrange you to check-in to hostel rooms after 23:59 of 2 September 2022.
– Here are the procedures of the pre-check-in on 2 September 2022:
Before Check-in: (Please complete on or before 30 August 2022)
– Please ensure that you have fulfilled the vaccination requirements of CUHK, and submit your records in the COVID-19 Vaccination/Regular Testing Report System (VTR) at least one day before entering the campus:
Please ensure that you have completed the S.H. Ho College New Students/ Incoming Exchange Students Registration form:
Pre-Check-in Procedures on 2 September 2022:
1. Present CU-Link/passport to College Staff.
2. If you will return from a place outside Hong Kong in August 2022, present your Quarantine Order Sheet to College Staff to prove your completion of the mandatory quarantine off-campus.
3. Get your room key and mailbox key.
4. Please also prepare cash for Resident Council Fee in 2022-23.
->Ho Tim Hall – HKD200
->Lee Quo Wei Hall – HKD160
If you have not received any calls or messages from your group facilitator on or before 30 August 2022, please contact the Organising Committee of S.H.Ho Orientation Camp (email@example.com).
If you have any questions or concern, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Emery Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) /3943 1442.